NYSC is not a waste

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely."- Auguste Rodin

Whenever I'm about to move into a new phase of my life, I get advise from different angles especially from those who have had experiences in that phase. And, my amygdala begins to function owing to the fears that have in one way or the other, being inculcated in me.
Before going for my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme, people told me how NYSC was a waste and how the allowance to be given would make little impact. My ears were filled till the fears where compounded. But, I decided not to repeat the same msitake I made before becoming an undergraduate; I laid down my fears. And, with this major decision, I:
i) established a better spiritual routine and discipline.
ii) invested in my personal development and the financial market.
iii) got trainings on foreign language, digital marketing and catering.
iv) got certified in different genre of writing, business, project management plan and transcription.
v) published a book locally and internationally.
vi) started and registered a business.
viii) started working on a project to help orphans.
vii) helped a business owner establish his business through mentorship and business writing.
ix) assisted in working on a national service project to empower widows and publish a book on widows.
x) became a volunteer in several organisations.
xi) joined major associations and established sound relationships.
xii) created a platform to help people develop themselves in different areas of their lives.
xiii) made impact in my place of primary assignment and enlightened school students on purpose discovery.
But, I couldn't have done these without my Strong Back Up and without the renewing of my mindset. As much as it's good to get counsels, it's better to seek them in the right direction. Allowing people to place their fears in you or letting their unguardedness affect your decisions can make your achievements handicapped. 
To bring this home, are you, your relative or friend about to go for the NYSC programme? Lay down those strongholds that might hinder you from building capacity and achieving as much as the capacity can hold. 
Cheers to your success.



Popular posts from this blog

Marriage Beyond the Wedding Day: Lessons from a Lagos Roadside Encounter

Gratitude

Welcome Note