Counting Your Blessings
Photo by Maria marganingsih on Dreamstime
"When you count your blessings, you realize you're actually doing fine". - Joyce C. Lock
A while back, I saw the post of a man who gave himself titles that I had never heard of until then. He wrote a lot about himself and people joked about it. But I thought about this and it occurred to me that what he did could be in accordance to the words, “if you don’t praise me, I will praise myself". But whether he was right or wrong, here are the points I want to bring out from this.
A lot of times, we overlook things that we have achieved and try to weigh ourselves down by worrying about what we haven’t achieved. And the focus things you haven't achieved can be a major issue in any type of relationship whereby, you think the other person hasn’t done enough or anything at all. If you can overlook what you have achieved, how much more what others have?
Moving forward, I could remember when I wanted to come up with a biography. I thought I had nothing much to write about my life until, I sat down and thought of all the things I had achieved.
Now, all these points are not to make you feel pompous but, to make you shift your gaze from what you don’t have to what you have. For what you have got is more than you could ever think of on a spot. So, realise and appreciate what you have got while on the journey of expecting greater things.
Till the next post, keep learning.