Staying Open-minded To The Right Knowledge

                                                    Photo source: Freepik 

"Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much." - 1 Corinthians 8:2 (NLT)

I started learning a skill sometime ago. And the trainer was amazed at how quick my understanding was. Though, I’m grateful to God for that. Yet, I had prior knowledge about that skill which aided my learning. But this trainer had no idea I had little knowledge about the skill.
I deliberately didn’t make mention of that fact to the trainer because I had an inkling that once the trainer knew, the training would be rushed and I wouldn’t be taught the basics I needed to know. And what I will be taught might be a new and better dimension than what I had previously known. 
Sometimes, we think we know it all until we see that same topic we have known before, shown in a new light (this happens a lot during sermons). Although, there are times we should speak up (especially when we don’t have much time or when situation demands), but we shouldn’t be quick to think we know everything there is to learn about a topic. 
Therefore, we should be calm and open minded to the right knowledge. I know we want to show we are knowledgeable, but as wise people, it’s advisable for us to divulge knowledge when and where necessary. In all, please, let there be a balance to this and know what works best for you and the situation you are in.
Till the next post, keep learning.

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage Beyond the Wedding Day: Lessons from a Lagos Roadside Encounter

Gratitude

Welcome Note