Being Humane
"The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane." - Mahatma Gandhi
I was in the market when a woman
parked her car to also buy something. A while later, a girl came to get something and she rested on the woman’s car while the woman was still in the car.
On seeing that the girl rested on her car, this woman opened the door to push the girl away and closed the door. I actually thought the woman wanted to come down from the car, not knowing she just wanted to push the girl away. Yes, I get that it was the woman’s car and the girl had no right to rest on it but, that doesn’t mean the woman should push the girl with the door.
It’s not until it’s noticeable before we know certain things are inhumane. I might not know what prompted the woman to do such, but this is a lesson for us to treat people like they matter.
Till the next post, keep learning.