Guarding Your Heart
Photo Source: Deposit Photos
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it". - Proverbs 4:23
I was having a conversation with a woman and she told me something I knew I had done several times and I hope I’ll be able to restrain myself from continuing.
So, this woman talked about how she was having pain in her leg and started talking to different people who gave her different verdicts. She dwelt on them till fear was built up in her and this began to affect her seriously (both physically and psychologically).
Later on, she went to her doctor who told her there was nothing wrong. The funniest thing was that, when the doctor assured her that she had no reason to be afraid again, the pains (physically and psychologically) began to reduce.
Now, when the Bible says guard your heart with all diligence, it means what it means. There are different openings (like eyes and ears) that can allow things to penetrate into your heart. You must guard those openings with due diligence.
Do not dwell on things that will be harmful to your life. Do not dwell on things that can create fear in you. Do not give your openings to just anyone or anything. Your heart matters for it determines the course of your life.
Till the next post, keep learning