When People Don’t See Your Vision The Way You Do
A lady at work once asked to borrow my phone. I thought she wanted to use my hotspot, just as she had done before, so I gave her my phone while paying attention to what she was doing.
However, I noticed she didn’t want me to see what she was doing. To cut the long story short, I discovered that she had used my YouTube account to subscribe to her own channel.
I was short of words. Immediately, I unsubscribed. I gave you the liberty of using my phone, which I probably shouldn’t have done without more caution, and you went ahead to my YouTube account to subscribe to your own page without asking. What happened to simply asking? Why not just be honest about it?
She later came to meet me and asked why I hadn’t subscribed to her channel. I told her that she never told me about her channel, and I explained the proper way to approach someone for support.
That experience reminded me of something: if you don’t believe in yourself and what you have to offer, it becomes difficult for others to believe in it too. You have to be so confident in what you carry that, with or without applause, you will continue pursuing it.
Sometimes, people can be wrong about what you should be doing. They can misunderstand who you are and what you are capable of. Even Jesus experienced a lack of acceptance from some people who were familiar with Him; they struggled to see beyond what they already knew about Him.
There is someone close to me who once looked down on some of the things I wanted to do because they were not popular at the time. But years later, those same things became popular, and there was money in them. Interestingly, that same person began asking me why I wasn’t pursuing them because they had become profitable.
Sometimes I think, if I had started earlier, I might have gone further.
I have learnt that I cannot always depend on people close to me before I share or sell what I create. Sometimes, I don’t sell to family and friends unless they genuinely need what I offer. If they need it, they will ask or offer it to them. A lot of times, the people who value what you offer may not be the people closest to you.
Of course, there are times when you start with the people around you, and their support can be a blessing. But if your only customers are your family members or close friends, it is worth considering whether you are reaching beyond your immediate circle.
Keep building. Keep improving. Keep believing in the value of what you carry if truly it’s authentic and worth it.
Till the next post, keep learning.
When people don’t see your vision the way you do
Photo: Georgy on Pinterest
A lady at work once asked to borrow my phone. I thought she wanted to use my hotspot, just as she had done before, so I gave her my phone while paying attention to what she was doing.
However, I noticed she didn’t want me to see what she was doing. To cut the long story short, I discovered that she had used my YouTube account to subscribe to her own channel.
I was short of words. Immediately, I unsubscribed. I gave you the liberty of using my phone, which I probably shouldn’t have done without more caution, and you went ahead to my YouTube account to subscribe to your own page without asking.
What happened to simply asking? Why not just be honest about it?
She later came to meet me and asked why I hadn’t subscribed to her channel. I told her that she never told me about her channel, and I explained the proper way to approach someone for support.
That experience reminded me of something: if you don’t believe in yourself and what you have to offer, it becomes difficult for others to believe in it too. You have to be so confident in what you carry that, with or without applause, you will continue pursuing it.
Sometimes, people can be wrong about what you should be doing. They can misunderstand who you are and what you are capable of. Even Jesus experienced a lack of acceptance from some people who were familiar with Him; they struggled to see beyond what they already knew about Him.
There is someone close to me who once looked down on some of the things I wanted to do because they were not popular at the time. But years later, those same things became popular, and there was money in them. Interestingly, that same person began asking me why I wasn’t pursuing them because they had become profitable.
Sometimes I think, if I had started earlier, I might have gone further.
I have learnt that I cannot always depend on people close to me before I share or sell what I create. Sometimes, I don’t sell to family and friends unless they genuinely need what I offer. If they need it, they will ask or offer it to them.
Sometimes, the people who value what you offer may not be the people closest to you.
Of course, there are times when you start with the people around you, and their support can be a blessing. But if your only customers are your family members or close friends, it is worth considering whether you are reaching beyond your immediate circle.
Keep building. Keep improving. Keep believing in the value of what you carry if truly it’s authentic and worth it.
Till the next post, keep learning.
#Integrity
#Vision
#Authenticity
#Purpose
